形容词在句中作定语, 表语, 宾语补足语。
She is a good student, and she works hard.
This bike is expensive.
I am sorry, I'm busy now.
Have you got everything ready for the meeting?
形容词作定语一般放在被修饰的名词之前。如果有两个或两个以上的形容词修饰一个名词时, 则由它们和被修饰的名词之间的密切程度而定, 越密切的形容词越靠近名词。如果几个形容词的密切程度差不多则按音节少的形容词放在前面, 音节多的形容词放在后面。
英语单词中,something, anything, nothing 等不定代词被形容词修饰时,形容词放在名词后面。
I have something important to tell you.
Is there anything interesting in the film.
There is nothing dangerous here.
This is the book easy to read.
用 and 或 or 连接起来的两个形容词作定语时一般把它们放在被修饰的名词后面。起进一步解释的作用。
Everybody, man and woman, old and young, should attend the meeting.
You can take any box away, big or small.
1) 单音节形容词的比较级和级形式是在词尾加 -er 和 -est 构成。
great (原级) greater(比较级) greatest(级)
2) 以 -e 结尾的单音节形容词的比较级和级是在词尾加 -r 和 -st 构成。
wide (原级) wider (比较级) widest (级)
3)少数以-y, -er, -ow, -ble结尾的双音节形容词的比较级和级是在词尾加 -er 和 -est 构成。
clever(原级) cleverer(比较级) cleverest(级)
4) 以 -y 结尾,但 -y 前是辅音字母的形容词的比较级和级是把 -y 去掉,加上 -ier 和-est 构成.
happy (原形) happier (比较级) happiest (级)
5) 以一个辅音字母结尾其前面的元音字母发短元音的形容词的比较级和级是双写该辅音字母然后再加 -er和-est。
big (原级) bigger (比较级) biggest (级)
6) 双音节和多音节形容词的比较级和级需用more 和 most 加在形容词前面来构成。
beautiful (原级) difficult (原级)
more beautiful (比较级) more difficult (比较级)
most beautiful (级) most difficult (级)
原级 比较级 级
good better best
many more most
much more most
bad worse worst
little less least
ill worse worst
far farther(further) farthest(furthest)
形容词前如加 less 和 lest 则表示"较不"和"最不"
important 重要 less important 较不重要 lest important 最不重要
主语+谓语(系动词)+ 形容词比较级+than+ 对比成分。 也就是, 含有形容词比较级的主句+than+从句。注意从句常常省去意义上和主句相同的部分, 而只剩下对比的成分。
Our teacher is taller than we are.
It is warmer today than it was yesterday.
This picture is more beautiful than that one.
This meeting is less important than that one.
The sun is much bigger than the moon.
She is the best student in her class.
Shanghai is one of the biggest cities in China.
This is the biggest apple I have ever met.
Tom is the tallest boy in his basketball team.
most 同形容词连用而不用 the,表示 "极,很,非常, 十分"。
It's most dangerous to be here.
I cannot do it, it's most difficult.
"The+形容词比较级..., the+形容词比较级..."表示 " 越... 就越..."。
The more you study, the more you know.
The more I have, the more I want.
The more, the better.
" 形容词比较级 + and + 形容词比较级 ", 表示 " 越来越... "。
It's getting hotter and hotter.
It's pity he is getting poorer and poorer.
The computer is cheaper and cheaper.
The more and more people focus on the meeting next year.
This box is as big as mine.
This coat is as cheap as that one.
I study English as hard as my brother.
the + 形容词 表示某种人。
He always helps the poor.
I like to have a talk with the young.
The rich sometimes complain their empty life.
The police led the old man across the street.
1） 大部分形容词加-ly可构成副词。但 friendly，deadly，lovely，lonely，likely，lively， ugly，brotherly，仍为形容词。
改错：(错） She sang lovely.
（错） He spoke to me very friendly.
（对） Her singing was lovely.
（对） He spoke to me in a very friendly way.
The Times is a daily paper.
The Times is published daily.
a small round table
a tall gray building
a dirty old brown shirt
a famous German medical school
an expensive Japanese sports car
those + three + beautiful + large + square
old + brown + wood + table
1） Tony is going camping with ___ boys.
A. little two other B. two little other C. two other little D. little other two
2) One day they crossed the ____bridge behind the palace.
A. old Chinese stone B. Chinese old stone C. old stone Chinese D. Chinese stone old
3) ---- How was your recent visit to Qingdao?
---- It was great. We visited some friends，and spent the ___days at the seaside.
A. few last sunny B. last few sunny C. last sunny few D. few sunny last
1. Jane didn’t do _______ in the exam, but her exam results are _______ than last year’s.
A. bad; worse B. good; better C. well; better D. well; worse
2. Which animal do you like _______ , cat or dog?
A. very much B. best C. better D. well
3. We can jump _______ on the moon than on the earth.
A. more high B. much C. high D. much higher
4. When he heard the good news, he felt _______.
A. happier B. happiest C. happy D. happily
5. The _______ he is, the _______ he feels.
A. busy; happy B. busiest; hppiest
C. busier; happier D. busy; happily
6. I don’t feel very _______ today.
A. good B. well C. nice D. fine
7. I think English is as _______ as maths.
A. important B. more important
C. most important D. importanter
8. That building is about 100 meters _______ .
A. tall B. high C. taller D. higher
9. Jone Smith is _______ of the two young men.
A. strong B. stronger
C. the stronger D. the strongest
10. Our classroom is _______ in the whole school.
A. cleanest B. the cleanest
C. cleaner D. the cleaner
11. The question is _______ than the last one.
A very easy B. much easy C. very easier D. much easier
12. I have two sisters , Lucy and Lily is _______ of the two.
A. nicer B. the nice C. the nicer D. nice
13. The Changjiang River is one of the _______ in China .
A. longer river B. longest river
C. longest rivers D. long rivers
14. The third cake is _______ of all, but it’s too dear.
A. delicious B. most delicious
C. more delicious D. the most delicious
15. I draw _______ and my handwriting is _______.
A. good; good B. good; well
C. well; good D. well; well
16. It is _______ today than yesterday.
A cold B. colder C. more colder D. many colder
17. My brother doesn’t like studing. He watches TV for _______ two hours every day.
A. less than B. more than C. little than D. much than
18. Let’s buy _______ apples tomorrow.
A. more some B. some more
C. any more D. more any
19. Please be _______ next time.
A. carefuler B. more careful
C. carefulest D. the most careful
20. Of the four seasons, the _______time to come to Hangzho is in spring.
A. good B. well C. better D. best
21. Which do you like _______ ,pork,beef or chicken?
A. good B. well C. better D. best
22. What is _______ food in the USA?
A. very popular B. more popular
C. the most popular D. most popular
23. It takes _______ time to go there by plane than by train.
A. less B. little C. more D. fewer
24. My brother is _______ to lift the heavy box.
A. enough strong B. strong enough
C. too strong D. strong
25 . Is chemistry more difficult than physics?
No, chemistry isn’t as _______ as physics.
A. easy B. difficult C. easier D. more difficult
26. The TV program is boring. Shall we play chess instead?
All right. That is _______ than watching a boring program.
A. very good B. much good C. very better D. much better
27. The young man is _______ to carry the heavy box.
A. enough strong B. strong enough
C. too strong D. so strong
28. The little girl was afraid of staying _______ in the _______ house.
A. alone; alone B. alone; lonely C. lonely; lonely D. lonely; alone
29. Do you like Beijing Opera?
Yes. It sounds nice. But it is _______ for me to learn.
A. hardly B. hard C. good D. best
30. The cheese cake tasted so _______ that the kids asked for more.
A. delicious B. well C. bad D. badly
31. If you want to know the meaning of the word ________, you’d better look it
up in the dictionary.
A. mostly B. exactly C. nearly D. hardly
32. Last weekend many people went to the concert, _______ young people.
A. hardly B. probably C. mostly D. really
33. Will you please drive _______? The train is leaving soon.
A. quick B. faster C. slowly D. more slowly
34. Sorry, I can’t work out this problem.
Try again, please. It’s only _______ difficult.
A. a bit B. a lot C. very D. much too